Name: Miss Sarah RinkerEmail: email@example.comClasses: Advanced Placement United States History, Advanced Placement American Government and Politics, Honors United States History2016-2017 TL Hanna Rookie Teacher of the Year2018-2019 TL Hanna Teacher of the YearCredentials:Bachelors of Science in Secondary Education: Social Studies (Political Science) from Clemson University (GO TIGERS!), 2014Currently pursuing an M.Ed. in Educational Administration from the University of South Carolina (Still a loyal Clemson graduate, though!)Gifted and Talented EndorsedAP US History CertifiedAP American Government and Politics CertifiedGoogle Level II Certified EducatorAVID CertifiedRiley Institute Teacher of Government Fellow
Class Schedule for 2019-2020:
Honors US History AP American Government and Politics
Honors US History Planning
AP American Government and Politics
AP US History AP US History
Daily agendas, class files, homework assignments, and all other important information relating to my class can be found at this link:AP Summer Reading AssignmentsAPUSH students:
- Click here to access the 2019 summer reading assignment.
- This assignment is due on the first day of school in August (August 19).
- Join the class's Remind by texting @TLHAPUSH to 81010.
- You can send me questions through Remind as you work on your summer assignment.
AP US History Students:Click here to access the course syllabus.The Summer Reading Assignment that is posted above is due on the first day of school (August 19, 2020).The APUSH exam is Friday, May 8th, 2020 at 8:00am at TL Hanna. See College Board's website for more information.All APUSH students will also take the US History End of Course Exam on Tuesday, May 26th at 12:30pm. This exam will be 20% of your year grade.Click here to access the South Carolina US History standards for the EOC test.Honors US History Students:Click here to access the course syllabus.All US History students will also take the US History End of Course Exam in January. This exam will be 20% of your semester grade.Click here to access the South Carolina US History standards for the EOC test.Students must pass US History to be eligible for graduation.Tutorial Hours:I am available between 7:15am and 8:10am most days before school. I am also available at Power Hour on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:50-4:50 in lab 517 and Tuesdays and Wednesday after school in my classroom (215). Please feel free to call me to set up an appointment if needed!Google Classroom:All assignments are posted daily to my Google Classroom pages. Please feel free to email me to request access to my Google Classroom pages if you do not have access yet.
- Click here to access the 2019 summer/fall assignment.
- This assignment is due on the first day of class in January (January 15).
- Join the class's Remind by texting @TLHAPGov to 81010.
- You can send me questions on the Remind if you have any.
- I will send out weekly current event articles to help you with you Current Events Journals.