All certifications for South Carolina are approved through the South Carolina Department of Education. If you are interested in obtaining certification, you can write directly to the South Carolina Department of Education. The address as follows:
South Carolina Department of Education
Division of School Effectiveness
Office of Educator Services
8301 Parklane Road
Columbia, SC 29223
Telephone: (877) 885-5280
Fax (803) 896-0368
Click on the link provided for the following information
How to Check Renewal Credit Status
If you add an endorsement or change your classification,you must send Human Resources a copy of your new certificate.Requirements for ParaprofessionalsAccording to the Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), all instructional paraprofessionals must complete at least one of the following three requirements:
- At least two years of study (60 semester hours) at an accredited institution of higher education; or
- An associate's degree (or higher); or
- An approved state or local academic assessment that measures the paraprofessional's knowledge of and ability to assist in instruction of the following subjects at the appropriate level:
- reading, writing and mathematics: or
- reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness.
To meet this assessment, paraprofessionals may choose one of the following state approved tests:
- ParaPro Assessment (ETS). The minimum passing score on this test is 456.
- Workkeys (ACT). The following four areas are required: reading, writing, mathematics, and an inventory survey.
Call the Anderson Adult Education Center 260-5075 for more information.