Substitute Teachers are Great Teammates!
Anderson School District Five employs substitute teachers who serve in the classrooms in the absence of the regular teacher. The minimum requirement is that you have at least a High School Diploma. Qualifications for pay levels depend upon education and certification. We also use substitutes in our health rooms and K4 classrooms. These require special training.
Thank you for your interest in serving our students!
Steps to Becoming a Substitute in Anderson Five
- Complete an application. Here is the link: application.
- Have three work references with complete mailing addresses. (references from former supervisors are preferred).
- Have a satisfactory SLED Report. (conducted by Personnel Services at no cost to applicant).
- Interview with personnel and receive a training schedule.
- Attend new sub training. You must be invited to attend this training.
- Complete the SAFE Schools Video and quizzes including BloodBorne Pathogens, EpiPen, Harrassment, etc. Here is the link.
- Have a Tuberculosis Test conducted at your family doctor's office, at the Department of Health or at a medical clinic. (you must have the test read 72 hours after it is given) Bring this to Personnel. This requirement is according to S.C. Law.
- Attend a workshop to complete paperwork for payroll. You will need your Driver's License and Social Security Card. You have the option of joining the South Carolina State Retirement System and you must sign up for Direct Deposit.
- K4 Subs and Nurse subs have additional training to complete.
|Certified Teachers (past or current)
|Four-Year College Graduates
|High School Graduates
(Apply only to teaching positions; begins after the tenth consecutive day)
Group 1: $120
Group 2: $ 82
Sub Nurse Rates
RN: $120 per day
LPN: $75 per day
Anderson School District Five is currently hiring substitute teachers for all levels.
If you have questions, contact
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 439
Anderson, SC 29622