Student Dress Code
Students are not allowed to remain in class if they are violating the school dress code. They will be sent immediately to their grade level Administrator.
This code is designed as a guide and is by no means all-inclusive. An item of dress, article of clothing, or accessory should not be deemed “approved” simply because it is not listed herein. In addition, the administration reserves the right to address inappropriate clothing on an individual basis in all grades.
- Pants, shorts, and skirts that are worn at the waist.
- Dresses, skirts, shorts, or pants that show no visible skin above the knee. Clothing should not touch the floor and should be worn at the proper waist level. Exceptions to length of shorts may be made for physical education, Special Olympics, field days, etc.
- Clothing that fits the wearer appropriately, covers all types of underclothing, and is designed for wear outside the home.
- Pants that are worn with equal pant lengths.
- Shirts, tee shirts, blouses, or dresses that have sleeves and do not show cleavage, backs or midriffs during the course of normal movement.
- Shoes or sandals.
- Outerwear, if worn untucked, that the length does not exceed the mid-hip when arms are extended beside the body. Outerwear includes shirts, blouses, sweaters, vests, sweatshirts, etc. Outerwear, in this instance, does not include coats.
- Tops must cover the rear end if wearing leggings, jeggings, yoga, or exercise pants.
- Hats and/or other head coverings including hooded sweatshirts, bandanas, sweatbands, stocking caps, do-rags, etc. worn inside buildings.
- Items advertising alcoholic beverages, tobacco, narcotics, profane language, weapons, and/or suggestive slogans pictures, and/or offensive materials.
- Sunglasses worn inside buildings.
- The wearing of any item(s) displaying any gang symbols.
- Accessories or clothing that could pose a safety threat to self or others. These include chains, fish hooks, multi-finger rings, studded bracelets or collars, nose/lip to ear chains, etc. Also to include oversized clothing of any type or garments that may be determined could conceal dangerous articles or items.
- Sleeveless tops/shirts.
- Clothing that is see-through.
- Provocative and suggestive clothing.
General Dress Code Statements
- Pants, shorts, and skirts must be worn at the natural waistline. Pants and shorts must not bag, sag, or drag.
- Shorts too short will not be permitted.
- Pajamas and bedroom shoes may not be worn. Bedroom slippers including Uggs slippers are prohibited.
- Blankets and stuffed animals are not permitted on campus during the school day.
- The school administration reserves the right to prohibit any item of clothing or symbols that are inappropriate or disruptive to the daily operation of the school.
- Clothing that is required to be worn because of religious reasons will be dealt with on an individual basis.