Human ResourcesOur mission is to serve
We invite you to look at our latest information about career opportunities available in our district. You can also find out starting salary levels for teachers, as well as benefits and professional development opportunities for our employees.For additional information, please contact:Anderson School District FiveOffice of Personnel ServicesPO Box 439Anderson, SC 29622(864) 260-5000Fax: (864) 260-5001Requirements for ParaprofessionalsAccording to the Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), all instructional paraprofessionals must complete at least one of the following three requirements:
- At least two years of study (60 semester hours) at an accredited institution of higher education; or
- An associate's degree (or higher); or
- An approved state or local academic assessment that measures the paraprofessional's knowledge of and ability to assist in instruction of the following subjects at the appropriate level:
- reading, writing and mathematics: or
- reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness.
To meet this assessment, paraprofessionals may choose one of the following state approved tests:
- ParaPro Assessment (ETS). The minimum passing score on this test is 456.
Call the Anderson Adult Education Center 260-5075 for more information.
- Workkeys (ACT). The following four areas are required: reading, writing, mathematics, and an inventory survey.