Parent and Guardian Responsibility
- Please have your child at his/her designated bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to estimated bus stop time.
- Parental supervision for younger students is recommended at bus stops.
- Kindergarten thru 3rd grade bus riders must have a parent or guardian at the bus stop to be released from the bus. If the parent or guardian is not at the stop at the bus arrival time, the student will be transported back to the home base school for the parent or guardian to pick up the student.
- Exception: If a kindergarten thru 3rd grader is assigned to a stop that has 4th - 12th grade students assigned to it, the K-3rd grade student will be released from the bus without parent or guardian supervision.
- If your child will be going home with another bus rider in the pm, the parent must notify the school by letter or telephone of this information for approval. After approval from the school, the signed noted should be given to the bus driver.
- Students will not be approved for stop locations outside their home based school zone.
- Drivers are prohibited from approving the change of drop off, it must be approved by the school.
- All middle and high school students must have proper ID Badges to board any bus for school services.
- Drivers are unable to wait at any residence and are prohibited from leaving the bus.
- Drivers are prohibited from making any unauthorized stops to accommodate your child. All stops must be approved by transportation.
- Band instruments or other items, carried on a school bus must be of such size that they can be transported in the student's lap and not obstruct the view of the driver.
- Electronic devices (IPOD, IPAD, cell phones, MP3 players, etc) are prohibited while riding on the school bus.
- Any lost and found items left on the bus will be turned into the Transportation Office. After 30 days, unclaimed items without the student's full name on it will be taken to the local Thrift shops or discarded if rejected by the Thrift shop. Lost and found items with the students name on it will be returned to their home based school within 30 days if not claimed. You may call (864-260-5000 Ext 10131) to see if the items you are missing has been found prior to arriving at Transportation Office.
- Any items confiscated by the bus driver due to illegal practices on the school bus will be turned into the Transportation Office by the end of the day. All confiscated items must be signed out with proper identification.
- Rules and Regulations for Bus Riders