In the Anderson District Five community
- We make quality instructional programs the highest priority.
- We will not tolerate any action that interferes with the students’ rights to learn and the teachers’ rights to teach.
- We treat each person with dignity and respect in a caring atmosphere.
- We will not tolerate any action that jeopardizes the safety and well being of students, teachers, or staff.
- We practice participatory management at all levels of the organization.
- We include business, industry, and community as partners in education.
- We promote the recognition and understanding of individual and ethnic diversity.
- We have high expectations of all students, parents, and staff.
- We welcome all parents into our schools and recognize them as partners in their child’s education.
- We support and encourage teachers, administrators, and staff in their professional commitment.
- The student is the central focus of the school system.
- Parents, teachers, administrators, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Each child is entitled to a quality public education and has the right to learn in order to fulfill his/her potential.
- With every right comes responsibility.
- Learning is a life-long process that is essential for continuous growth.
- Each student is a unique and valued individual whose self-esteem is enhanced by mutual respect and dignity between students and staff.
- Higher expectations yield higher results.
- The understanding of individual and cultural differences will bring about harmony and strengthen our society.