The Anderson County Alternative School is a public school program operated by a Board of Trustees that is comprised of representatives from all 5 Anderson County School Districts, a member of the County Board, and an "at-large" member from the Solicitor's Office. Our school is for students in grades 6-12 that have been referred to us from Anderson County Schools or through the court system. Specific enrollment criteria must be met prior to enrollment.
- Our school has been in operation since 1996 and is a successful model for other alternative schools across our state and the country.
- We are the only alternative school to offer a boot-camp format and one of the only alternative schools to serve expelled students.
- Our school serves 20 schools across the county.
- We have a very caring, capable staff to help students succeed.
- We provide a very safe, structured environment for learning.
- Our school offers most of the same courses as a student's home school.
- We have a faculty/staff of 29 members. Our staff/student ratio is 1:4 at its maximum.
- Our school has eight highly-qualified, certified classroom teachers.
- Our school offers a broad range of guidance and counseling services.
- Uniforms and security screenings provide a safe and secure environment for everyone at this school.
- Our boot-camp program offers challenging physical training and discipline for young people to get their bodies and minds in shape.
- Many of our students return to their home schools and continue to be successful in academics, the arts, and athletics.
- Our former students go on to graduate high school, attend college, serve in our military, or join the work-force.
- We want our students to succeed and we are proud of their accomplishments.
We are looking for students who make a real, honest commitment to being successful and getting their lives turned around. If a student meets the criteria for enrollment into our school, take a step to getting them back on track and contact our office at 864-260-5028.