2302 Dobbins Bridge Road
Anderson, SC 29626
July 15, 2019
Dear Parents and Guardians:
It is with great enthusiasm that I write this letter of introduction as the new principal of Robert Anderson Middle School. My teaching career began ten years ago as an 8th grade social studies teacher at Southwood Middle School and continued at Robert Anderson when the school opened in 2011. I have spent the last four years as an administrator at Westside High School. Having gained the experience of working at the high school level and seeing the end goal for our students, I am eager to return to the middle school level with a renewed sense of purpose to ensure that our students are prepared for the next level.
In addition to introducing myself as the new principal, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the new administrative team at Robert Anderson Middle School. This dedicated group of school leaders is committed to excellence and will serve our students well.
- Mr. Marvell McKelphin (Associate Principal) - Mr. McKelphin will work closely with grade level administrators and will oversee all aspects of student conduct and discipline. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Theresa Hamm (Assistant Principal for Instruction) - Dr. Hamm will work with our teaching faculty to ensure high quality and engaging instruction is being delivered throughout the school. email@example.com
- Mr. Jarrod Moore (Assistant Principal, 6th) - Mr. Moore will be the administrative contact if you have a child in 6th grade. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Kathy Berry-Burns (Assistant Principal, 7th) - Mrs. Berry-Burns will be the administrative contact if you have a child in 7th grade. email@example.com
- Mr. Michael Noble (Assistant Principal, 8th) - Mr. Noble will be the administrative contact if you have a child in 8th grade. firstname.lastname@example.org
As we turn the page to a new chapter at Robert Anderson Middle School, I wanted to share with you my top three priorities. I am convinced that if we - a community of students, teachers, and parents/guardians - intentionally focus on these three priorities and find applications for them in every aspect of our organization, then we will have a successful school year.
- Provide a Safe and Effective Learning Environment - All students, faculty, and staff at Robert Anderson Middle School will promote and foster a safe and nurturing environment with high expectations for learning in each classroom.
- Seek Continuous Improvement - We will seek to improve in every aspect of the organization - results on standardized testing, quality of instruction, student behavior and management incidents, daily routines and operational procedures, etc.
- Recognize Achievement - As we make improvements, see growth in our students, faculty, and staff, and as we identify the bright spots of our organization, we will diligently seek ways to recognize the hard work and results at RAMS.
Finally, mark your calendar for Friday, August 16 and join us from 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. for our RAMS Back-To-School Kick-Off. Parents and students will be able to pick up schedules, meet teachers, pay fees, and tour the building. Grade level informational meetings for parents and students will be held in the auditorium at the following times - 12:00 (6th grade), 1:00 (7th grade), and 2:00 (8th grade). I would also encourage you to stay informed and connected by visiting the school’s website for announcements and updated information about the upcoming school year - www.anderson5.net/robertanderson. In addition to posting information on our website, we will also be pushing out information about new pick-up and drop-off procedures for car riders, as well as other pertinent information you will need to start the year. Robo calls will also be utilized to disseminate information in the weeks ahead, so be listening for a call!
Again, I am excited about the opportunity to serve the RAMS community and to lead our school. I am looking forward to the partnership with you and the relationships we will establish in order to accomplish the mutual goal of helping our children be successful both in school and in life.
Your partner in education,
Curtis W. Smith
Robert Anderson Middle School
“There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about.” - M. Wheatley