Nursing Services DepartmentWelcome to Nursing Services. Our nurses strive to provide optimal nursing interventions for students with various health needs;however, it is crucial that nurses work collaboratively with parents and health care providers to obtain optimal health care. Therefore, if your child requires nursing interventions or you have questions or concerns regarding nursing services, please contact your child's school nurse.Janis Bolden, RN, MSNDirector of Nursing ServicesEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (864)260-5000Fax: (864)332-5326
Our Mission"To positively impact the health and wellness of the school community, thereby enabling students to become successful learners."
IMPORTANT FLU INFORMATION
SPREADING THE FLUPerson to person contact is the main form of spreading the flu virus. Droplets deposited in the air by coughing, sneezing, or just talking make the virus easliy transmitted. These droplets land on items that are touched by someone who then touches their mouth, eyes, or nose. Spreading the virus can occur as early as 1 day before you realize you are sick and 5 - 7 days after becoming sick. Babies, children, people with a weakened immune system or the severely ill may infect others longer than 5- 7 days.
HELP TO PREVENT SPREADING THE FLU
- AVOID CLOSE CONTACT WITH SICK PEOPLE.
- IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD GETS SICK WITH FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS, CDC RECOMMENDS THAT YOU (OR YOUR CHILD) STAY HOME FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS AFTER THE FEVER IS GONE EXCEPT TO GET MEDICAL CARE OR OTHER NECESSITIES. *THE FEVER SHOULD BE GONE WITHOUT THE USE OF A FEVER-REDUCING MEDICINE.
- WHILE SICK, LIMIT CONTACT WITH OTHERS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO KEEP FROM INFECTING THEM.
- COVER YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH WITH A TISSUE WHEN YOU COUGH OR SNEEZE. THROW THE TISSUE IN THE TRAH AFTER YOU USE IT.
- WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN WITH SOAP AND WATER. IF SOAP AND WATER ARE NOT AVAILABLE, USE AN ALCOHL-BASED HAND RUB.
- AVOID TOUGHING YOUR EYES, NOSE AND MOUTH. GERMS SPREAD THIS WAY.
- CLEAN AND DISINFECT SURFACES AND OBJECTS THAT MAY BE CONTAMINATED WITH GERMS LIKE THE FLU.
- IF AN OUTBREAK OF FLU OR ANOTHER ILLNESS OCCURS FOLLOW PUBLIC HEALTH ADVICE. THIS MAY INCLUDE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO INCREASE DISTANCE BETWEEN PEOPLE AND OTHER MEASURES.