Welcome to Homeland Park Primary School!
Homeland Park Primary School is a federally funded Title I school. Title I is the United States Federal Government’s largest education assistance program for schools. The purpose of the program is to help every child receive a high quality education and to achieve the high standards set by the State of South Carolina.
Our school benefits from Title I funding in some of the following ways:
- Intervention programs and personnel to assist struggling students and ensure their success. Research based programs such as Language Literacy Intervention (LLI) are used to enhance instruction for at-risk students. A STEAM/Math Coach works with students to implement the Project Lead the Way engineering program and with teachers to apply best practice math strategies.
- Classroom supplies, materials and equipment to augment ELA and Mathematics instruction. This includes classroom LLI kits, phonics kits, Shared Reading kits, Guided Reading kits, ETA math manipulatives, mathematics instructional supplies, and children’s books.
- Supplies and materials to support activities and events designed to help parents serve as partners in education.
- Books to support our Family Book Club and funding resources for our celebration events.
- Staff development opportunities for our teachers to grow professionally.
Title I funding supports schoolwide, continuous improvement initiatives.
At Homeland Park Primary School, we believe that parents are important to the education process. Parents are our partners. We value parental input and parents serve on various advisory boards such as the PTO, SIC and Title I Planning Committee. We encourage parents to attend Open House Nights, Toolbox Talks, Mother’s Café, Morning STEAM, and Fine Arts and Literacy Nights. Parents receive information and participate in “make and take” projects to strengthen their knowledge of curriculum and to build their confidence in assisting their children in the home. In addition, parents can network and spend quality time with their children at events such as the annual Spooktacular and Literacy Holiday Event.
Finally, the school keeps parents informed by publishing the Title I plan and handbooks on the school website, sending home a yearly calendar of events, hosting parent workshops throughout the year, phone blasts, emails, School Messenger, conferences, special fliers, providing resources for “Parent Friendly” standards (http://www.scfriendlystandards.org/) and sending home a yearly “Report to the Parents” which includes goals and test data. All our Homeland Park teachers are “Highly Qualified” and parents would certainly be notified by mail if this were to ever change.
Since opening its doors in 1954, Homeland Park School has built a tradition of excellence in the Anderson community. At our school, children are held accountable to high standards of achievement, parents and other visitors are always welcome, teachers and staff truly care about our children, and the students help others by always doing “the right thing.”