M.Ed in Special Education from Converse College...2001
B.S. in Criminal Justice/Psychology from USC...1995
*Certified to teach Students with Learning Disabilities and Intellectual Disabilities with the SC State Department
Math Inclusion (Watt)
8:00 – 9:43
ELA Inclusion (Reese)
9:46 - 11:18
11:24 - 12:56
12:58 – 1:43
1:46 – 2:31
3:22 – 3:27
60% Major grades...
Students will be graded on their completion of STUDENT SUCCESS folders in the classroom consisting of the maintaining of weekly grades, updating all missing work in classes, and completion of transition skills work in the classroom.
40% Minor grades...
Students will be graded on their completion of IEP goals and work completion for core curriculum classes.
Homework will not be given in study skills as students will be working on homework/remediation/reteaching for core classes during this time.
NEW GMS RULES FOR 2020-2021:
- No outside food or drink allowed
- No lunch deliveries
- No visitors
- Only clear water bottles in classrooms
- Lockers will not be issued
- Masks must be worn entering the building
- No sharing of materials
When should students arrive? No earlier than 7:30
When should a student report to homeroom? 7:40
If a student arrives after 8:10? Report to office
What time does school dismiss? 3:27
Students must be picked up by? 3:45
Students must remember...
- Dress code strictly enforced
- School rules apply on the bus
- Students must wear ID's
- Mobile devices must be powered OFF in school
- Chromebooks used for school purpose only
- 5th...letter to parent
- 6th...parent conference
- 7th...after school detention
Mobile Device Confiscation...
- 1st...taken, student picks up in office after school
- 2nd...parent/guardian must pick up after school
- 3rd...parent/guardian picks up/after school detention
- 4th...parent/guardian picks up/ISS
- Use positive voice and language
- take care of property
- wait for permission to speak, raise your hand
- complete all assignments
- stay on task
- be in your seat prior to tardy bell
- begin the starter promptly
- have your materials ready
Consequences for not following classroom rules...
- 1st offense...warning
- 2nd offense...name on the board
- 3rd offense...check beside your name
- 4th offense...lunch detention
- 5th offense...after school detention
- 6th offense...referral
Office Hours... 1:50 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.
864-716-4060 (ext. 50301)