Who We Are...
The Anderson Five Career Campus serves Anderson School District 5 by providing Career and Technology Education to the students of Westside and TL Hanna High Schools.
We offer many courses in a variety of fields that provide our students with real-world skills, career opportunities, on the job training, and collegiate credits which can also translate into certifications for jobs and/or continuing education at the universities/colleges of their choice.
We serve a diverse population of students, and we strive to fulfill our mission by providing them many opportunities to learn skills they can use in the workforce as well as courses to propel them in their higher education pursuits.
Anderson Five Career Campus, in collaboration with the community, parents, and students, will provide a safe, supportive learning environment with a variety of educational opportunities to empower each student to become responsible individuals of ethical character and economically productive citizens by integrating academic and career education with project-based learning through real-world experiences.
To create an environment that will inspire students to be innovative thinkers, lifelong learners who will make an impactful contribution in a forever changing world.
- Provide a safe, comfortable and positive learning environment
- Build professional relationships that respect, support and value every member of the school family
- Afford students the opportunity to assume accountability for their learning, behavior, and success
- High Expectations
- Increase student performance by maintaining high academic achievement and a positive attitude
- Value and honor diversity in our teachers, students and their families
- Employability Skills
- Provide essential skills that promote appropriate behaviors for the world of work.
- Rigor/Relevant Learning
- Offer effective instruction that focuses on learning, student performance, assessment, and authentic learning experiences.
- We believe in preparing each individual student to become a productive citizen in a changing global environment.
- We believe student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- We believe that all students are responsible for participating in their educational process.
- We believe that family involvement and broad-based community support is critical in the development of the student.
- We believe that students have different educational needs and that each individual has worth and potential for growth and development.
- We believe effective research-based educational techniques helps students apply knowledge.
- We believe ethical values and positive self-image contribute to the success of the individual and society.
- We believe the understanding of diversity, including ethnic differences, promotes harmony and mutual respect in our society.
- We believe shared decision-making improves the educational process.
- We believe every student is entitled to a safe, secure, and positive learning environment.
- We believe the quality of life in our community is improved by increasing the educational levels of our population.
- We believe that All students can learn when taught the way in which they learn.