- Anderson School District Five
Anderson Five eLearning Schedule + Services
In response to the Governor’s extended closure of all South Carolina school buildings through the remainder of the 2019-2020 academic year, Anderson School District Five will continue to observe eLearning through May 13, 2020 (for Seniors) and May 27, 2020 (for PreK-11). Anderson Five will observe the remainder of the 2019-2020 academic year on an adjusted calendar schedule. Any and all school-specific and/or school-level inquiries need to be redirected to your child's school principal.
GRADUATION: Anderson School District Five has rescheduled the 2020 Graduation Ceremonies to be held at a later date at each high school stadium. A specific date has not yet been determined. To host a traditional ceremony that safely guarantees that all who wish to attend may, ceremony dates may be late June or July. Official dates and times will be determined and announced upon consultation with health officials. Graduation ceremonies for the Anderson Five Charter School and the Anderson Adult Education Center remain forthcoming. Students who choose not to participate may pick up their diplomas at each high school beginning on June 1, 2020.
GRADUATION UPDATE (5/28/2020):
Anderson Five’s 2020 high school graduation ceremonies are scheduled to be held on June 4, 2020 at 10:00 AM at each respective high school stadium.
It has always been our desire to host a meaningful graduation ceremony for our Seniors while continuing to abide by public health officials recommendations. In an effort to ensure the safety, health and well-being of all involved, each high school ceremony will be conducted with Social Distancing protective measures in full effect as follows:
• Each graduating senior will be provided with a mask.
• Each graduating senior will receive two (2) tickets for the ceremony.
• Seating for each grouping of two people will be clearly marked with an “x” in the stadium seats. Seating will be on a first come, first served basis.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be placed at the gate.
• Anderson School District Five is encouraging all attendees to wear masks as well.
• Each high school’s graduation ceremony will be streamed LIVE in real time and will be available for viewing on the day/time of the ceremony at the following link: https://www.anderson5.net/domain/6699
• In the event of inclement weather, ceremonies will take place on June 5, 2020 at 10:00 am under the same operating procedures.
Senior students who choose NOT to participate in the graduation ceremony may pick up their diploma at each high school beginning on June 1, 2020. Any further questions need to be redirected to the high school directly.
CULINARY SERVICES: Anderson Five Culinary Services meal delivery/pick-up operations will continue daily (Mondays-Fridays) under the current structure, through the duration of school closures. Beginning the weekend of May 1, 2020 students will also be provided with weekend meals (in place of UW SnackPacks) to be consumed over the weekend. June 4 will be the final day in which meal delivery/pick-up services will operate under the current structure. Culinary Services will transition from its school closure meal operations to its Summer Feeding Program operations on June 8, 2020. Go to the Culinary Services section on the homepage for more details.
All info can be found on our Anderson Five COVID-19 Precautionary Response Plan FAQ Landing Page.