- Anderson School District Five
Placement Request Information: A5VA, In-Person Instruction
Transfer Information: Changing Instructional Model during 2020-2021
For the 2020-2021 academic year, Anderson Five students had the choice to attend school via one of two instructional models: face-to-face instruction (brick-and-mortar, five days a week, in-person classroom setting) OR the Anderson Five Virtual Academy (strictly online/virtual). As promised by Anderson Five, students and their families will have the opportunity to change their current placement FROM (meaning you are currently enrolled in the A5VA, and would like to attend face-to-face) or TO (meaning you are currently enrolled in face-to-face instruction, and would like to attend the A5VA) the Anderson Five Virtual Academy at the conclusion of the first semester.
Below are links to an electronic form (English and Spanish) for parents to complete their request. This form will OPEN ON NOVEMBER 23 AT 8:00 A.M. and will CLOSE ON DECEMBER 4 AT 4:00 P.M. Personnel decisions, student schedules, and other steps related to student transfers will occur in December and January. Students will begin in their new placement at the beginning of second semester, February 2, 2021.
- TRANSFER REQUEST: FROM OR TO A5 VIRTUAL ACADEMY (ENGLISH)
- ESPANOL TRANSFER REQUEST: FROM OR TO A5 VIRTUAL ACADEMY (SPANISH)
Additional important information:
- The form will be ONLY for requests to change FROM virtual or TO virtual instruction. No action should be taken for students wishing to remain in their current school placement.
- There will only be ONE window of opportunity to switch FROM virtual or TO virtual instruction for second semester. This window will open on Monday, November 23 and close on Friday, December 4 at 4:00 PM.
- ONE form for EACH child requesting a change in placement is required.
- Changes in student placement will occur at the beginning of the second semester, February 2, 2021.
- Once students switch to face-to-face or vice versa, they WILL NOT be able to switch back. All changes are PERMANENT UNTIL THE END OF THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR (June 16, 2020).
- There is a strong possibility that teacher changes will occur for students that remain in the Anderson Five Virtual Academy. If schedules are impacted for students who remain in Anderson Five Virtual Academy, parents will be notified by January 22, 2021.
- Face-to-face schedules for middle and high school students, and teacher homeroom assignments for elementary students, will be released to parents by January 22, 2021.
Students considering the Anderson Five Virtual Academy (virtual instructional model,) should contact the A5VA at (864) 260-5160 for expectations and important information regarding the K-5 Calvert virtual program and/or the 6-12 Edmentum Courseware virtual program.
- High school requests for courses will be approved based on availability. Students may have to select alternate courses.
- First semester grades will be transferred accordingly.
- If face-to-face instruction is requested and there is a need for bus transportation, the "transportation" question must be completed on the survey.
While Anderson Five is permitting enrollment requests be reviewed on a semester-by-semester basis, parents should be aware that the Anderson Five Virtual Academy instructional platform (Calvert and Edmentum,) is based on South Carolina standards, but they do not follow the same pacing guide and sequence as the courses in our schools. Any switch from the Anderson Five Virtual Academy to in-person instruction, and vice versa, may lead to student learning gaps.
Anderson School District Five - (864) 260-5000
Anderson Five Virtual Academy - (864) 260-5160