Medications at School
- Parents/legal guardians should provide prescription medications required by their child during the school day to the school nurse or to the health room
- Parents /legal guardians must complete the Permission for Medication Form for prescribed and over-the-counter medications
- A healthcare provider must complete the Permission for Medication Form for ALL prescribed medications
- ALL medications must be brought to the health room by the parent/legal guardian in the original container with the original label.
- Medications brought to the health room by a student will not be given until appropriate paperwork is complete.
- ALL medications must be kept in the health room unless the healthcare provider has written a medical order stating otherwise.
- A specific Permission Form is required for those students who need to keep self-administering emergency medication on their person.
- Medications cannot be left in the health room during the summer; any medications not picked up by the end of the school year will be disposed of accordingly.